Monday, April 02, 2007

Unemployment Discrimination

י"ד בניסן תשס"ז

Well, I just received notice that my claim for an unemployment benefit has been denied on the basis that the nursing facility I formerly worked for told the unemployment adjudicator that I wasn't looking for full time employment, despite the fact that I applied for several full time positions with the facility. Each time the facility chose not to hire me for those full time positions to which I applied. Despite that I reiterated this fact to the unemployment adjudicator, he chose to believe the lie over the truth.

Harrassment and discrimination. Now, not only am I a victim of pervasive employment discrimination but I am a victim of unemployment discrimination as well. Of course, this is not the first time a nursing facility has protested my unemployment benefit following firing me for religious-related reasons. The first "protestor" of unemployment benefits fired me for refusing to work on Shavuot. It never ends.

Goddess help me! Keep me from utterly and bitterly cursing the entire community - Jewish and nonJewish alike - to unmitigated gehinnom, midah kneged midah.

So, while I file an appeal, which hopefully, if adjudicated with justice on the facts of reality, I will win (as I did against the first protestor), the rest of the world continues on with blinded mindlessness.

When oh when, will justice be done?

BTW, at the same time I received notice of the denial of benefits, I received the package containing my black velvet witch's cloak, witch's spell bottle and other witchy items. The world may hate me, but the Goddess is with me. Reversal ritual number 2 marches on. And tonight, I will be wearing a witch's cloak while I perform it.

Technorati tags:

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I think you will be blessed for your steadfastness and sacrifice.

Lori said...

Thank you both for your comments. I'm not sure why Jehovah's Witnesses can also be a target of mainstream christianity, but I am aware that this is also true. No one should fear for his or her job because he or she belongs to a religion (or branch of religion) the majority despises.

Lori said...

Also, thank you for the link.

Dare to be true to yourself.