Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thunder Struck & Hail Came Down

כ"ג בניסן תשס"ז

Interesting, given my dream yesterday morning. A severe thunderstorm has struck the area. In town, the hail fell at least two inches deep. Where I am, there is no hail.

I was in town filing an appeal to the decision on the denial of my unemployment benefit, so I saw it with my own eyes. No kidding, as soon as I entered the door to the Illinois state employment security building, just as the door closed behind me, the thunderstorm struck and the hail came tumbling down. As mentioned, in town the hail fell to about two inches deep at least. Thick hail. As I left town after filing the appeal, and came upon the rural road leading to where I am staying, abruptly, there was no more hail. The ground and road were completely clear of it, unlike in town, where it was still pouring down hail. I could observe it in the rearview mirror of my car.

Interesting, I think.

Technorati tags:

3 comments:

Lori said...

Another detail which makes this incident doubly freaky is that as I exited the state employment security building, the hail and rain both stopped, and didn't resume until I was in and had started the ignition of my car. I didn't stop by the door and wait for a lull in the downfall either, but when I opened the door leading outside the building, the downfall paused completely until I was inside my car. Very freaky.

Dan Balsamo said...

Well, I would say its just a wild stroke of luck.. But then, it really must be a freakish experience. Maybe you ought a be careful on the next coming days, because anytime it could reverse on you.. sorry.. just a thought...

Mel Balsamo
JRomances.com

Lori said...

I don't believe in luck, but a wild experience it was, for sure. Of course, things are reversing. That's the whole point of the reversal ritual series I've been doing for the past two months. Nature is readjusting itself to the reversal. Yay! And, I'm always careful. I burn dragon's blood every day. :)

Dare to be true to yourself.