Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Botzina de Kardenuta

כ"ב בניסן תשס"ז

This morning, I dreamt.

In my parents house, I was with another woman. A darkly powerful tornadic storm was coming. I grabbed my purse and together, we ran to a neighbor's house which had a basement.

As we approached the opening to the basement, I told the woman with me to climb down the ladder into the well-lit basement first. She was carrying a baby in her arms and the storm was directly over us, preparing to touch down. If one of us didn't make it into the basement in time, that person would be me.

She and the baby climbed down the ladder. I followed. We all made it. I looked around for my children's presence in the basement. All four of my children were present. My anxiety evaporated. We were all safe among the many who had fled to the safety of this basement.

The storm of celestial proportions touched down. The whirlwinds of the storm seemed to cover the area of the entire earth. There was a skylight window in the ceiling of the well-lit basement through which we all watched houses, including the house above us in the basement, and huge stone structures being uprooted and obliterated. The winds were breaking the structures into large chunks and hurling them toward our basement. It was as if boulders were being thrown into the glass of the skylight, trying to crush us.

One boulder crashed through into the basement landing on the floor near my son Michael, but no one was hit or hurt. Michael was untouched and unharmed. More boulders were coming. I saw one large chunk of broken building with a trajectory heading right through the center of the opening. I had to do something to stop it. The light went out. The basement was bathed in darkness. Disoriented, the boulder lodged and locked into a place above ground, displaced from it's original trajectory. Frozen and nullified, it's ability to act against us was no more.

I woke up.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Waking from this dream, I had a vision in my mind of a drop (taf) of water dropping onto a large dark still body of water and sending out ripples from the point of impact.

Dare to be true to yourself.