Monday, April 16, 2007

Dumplings Of Torah Wisdom & Prophecy

כ"ט בניסן תשס"ז

This morning's dream is not the only dream I've ever had about dumplings. Consequently, I decided to explore the potential symbolism of "dumplings".

Dumpling in Hebrew is נטיפה.

Wow. This directly correlates to the vision I had last Tuesday about a drop (taf) and it's relationship to prophecy (hatafah).

נטיפה is from the root נטף meaning [1] to "flow from within", "flow", "dripping", prophetic "preaching", "resin flowing from a tree" [2], "hanging pearl or pendant".

Clearly then, in my mind, my dream dumplings symbolize pearls of Torah wisdom and prophetic teaching flowing from within (one's inner inmost source, that Source being Divine). Now, I understand why I wanted each person to take a portion directly from the kettle (the Source) and not from the separate platters (disconnected from the Source).

Footnotes:

[1] Etymological Dictionary Of Biblical Hebrew, R' Matityahu Clark

[2] the Tree of Life (Etz Chaim), for example

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.