Thursday, October 12, 2006

Vortex

Until the 22nd of this month, I am still employed PRN at the county nursing home. So, I went into work this evening.

As I usually do when time permits, I take my late breaktime at offtimes in the evening when the breakroom is empty and sit in it with the lights off. Yes, I am admittedly weird. I prefer the term eccentric.

Nevertheless, as I was sitting there in the dark, a strong wind whipped up and blew through outside in a darkened cloudy sky. Like a thunderstorm was brewing. The door to the outside was ajar into the courtyard, and I could hear the sounds of the wind.

It was haunting, and sounded like many voices in a vortex spiraling upward through many dimensions. It lasted for several minutes and then faded away. No thunderstorm materialized, but the temperature did drop significantly. It's a cold night tonight. But strangely, I feel peaceful.

It was just an odd thing that caught my awareness this evening as I meditated there in the quiet, soothing dark.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.