Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sod Ha-Ibbur, Turning History

ח' בחשון תשס"ח

Elucidating further on my entry at Craftwork Of A Jewitch, my simple wand looks like the one pictured. I harvested it last winter as it soaked in the snow near the lilac bush that grows right outside the window of the room I had as a little girl (and during the time of the epiphany).

As a snow-soaked water-oriented instrument of the earth, my wand carries a powerful synthesis of earth and water elemental energies. This powerful energy is represented by the Hebrew letter mem (מ, ם). Through mem (see link), my wand has the following correspondences:

Concept: The springing up of wisdom from the well of the superconscious.

Meaning: Water; a perfect imperfection.

Shape: A reservoir, with a slight opening in its lower left corner. The final mem: A completely enclosed reservoir.

Number: 40.

Space: Earth.

Time: Winter.

Soul: Lower torso, specifically the abdomen.

Quality: Love expressing itself like water.

Archetype: Mashiach ben David.

Channel: From netzach to hod.

Made from lilac wood, my wand has further correspondences to feminine power, Venus and again, the element of water. It's magical properties include protection and exorcism of negativity and evil. In other words, it functions to guard the integrity of the energy it directs.

It has no adornments other than the magical carvings I have made into it. Measuring 10 and 3/8 inches long from point to point, the wood of the slender instrument is kept supple by treating it periodically with Feminine Clarity oil.

The 10 3/8 inch length of my wand contains the strengths of the encompassing souls: yechidah (י yod, 10) and chayah (ח chet, 8). It also contains the strengths of the 3 (ג gimel) personal souls: neshamah, ruach and nefesh. All these levels acting with unity as one instrument brings out the Holy Voice of Shabbat Consciousness, neshamah yetzirah, ruach hakodesh.

The 10 3/8 inch length of my wand contains the power of all the letters of creation: 10 + 3 + 8 + 1 (the im hakolel, the entirety of instrument) = 22 (letters of the aleph-beit).

The 10 3/8 inch length of my wand is the gematria (21) of the Divine Name, Ehyeh אהיה.

The 10 3/8 inch length of my wand contains the gematriot of all time – past (היו, were Bereshit 6:4), present (היו, be Shemot 19:15) and future (אהיה, will be Shemot 3:12).

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days … Bereshit 6:4 (yod)

She said to the people, “Be prepared, after a 3 (gimel) day period …” Shemot 19:15

For I will be with you and this is your sign (chet) that I have sent you … Shemot 3:12

The letters of the length of my wand using messianic reverse vision become chet-gimel-yod (חגי), meaning “my festival” and “my turning of time”. So appropriate is this wand for itta hatafsaret, Liorah Lleucu HaMasovevet.

The 3 letter-numbers (חגי) of my wand's length plus the two letters mem (מם) of it's water-earth correspondence make the word m'chagim (מחגים) - "of the turning of the festivals" (Celtic and Jewish). Sod Ha-ibbur.

M'chagim has a gematria of 101 = יצא (issues forth)

A river issues forth from Eden to water the garden ... Bereshit 2:10

So much destiny within a wand picked up one day from the snow.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.