Monday, October 08, 2007

Dreams "Of Five"

כ'ז בתשרי תשס"ח

I'm not the only one dreaming in a set "of five" over the holy days. My "dream of five" occurred on the shabbat on the heel of Simchat Torah. Judah HaKohain's "dream of five" occurred Hoshanah Rabbah.

My dream of five was structured as one dream in five seamlessly connected parts (like the five books of Torah) over a single night. I did not awaken between the parts, nor was there any break of consciousness between them.

Judah's dream was one dream repeated five times over a single night. Judah HaKohain writes about his "dream of five":

I would not give the dream too much thought except for the fact that I kept waking up from it, falling back asleep and then I dreamed the same dream all over again. This happened five times in the same night.

That two individuals experienced "dreams of five" over this year's holy days is interesting, I think.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.