Sunday, October 21, 2007

An Ancient Decree

ט' בחשון תשס"ח

I dreamt.

It was a very ancient lawless yet revolutionary time. Something catastrophic was coming that could destroy the world. Nothing we could do could alter the course of the coming catastrophe. We had tried to change the decree, but the decree was immutable and beyond our ability to influence any further, except in severity. I had the feeling a cosmic flood was coming. The only way we could save the world and the human race was to flee through time. If we stayed, the catastrophe would be able to draw enough power from our power to completely obliterate human life and all living creatures upon the earth. To remove ourselves from that time was the only hope for the survival of humankind and other higher living animals. It was a very dangerous endeavor for us to attempt, we could possibly obliterate ourselves in the process. Those "bringing" the catastrophe were counting on us not attempting it. But they had underestimated us. We had the will and the courage to do it - to remove ourselves from time into another time.

There was a small group, (at least) 3 of us - myself, my bashert and his friend who seemed like a priest-advisor or something. My bashert was a leader of some sort. In fact, I too was a leader of some sort. (Now that I am awake, our "positions" were similar to the "positions" of Neo, Trinity and Morpheus of "Matrix"-fame, although the time was of ancient days.)

We met together in a cave-like hideout in the high rocky mountains. Oddly, in the dream, it was clearly a sunny and bright day the day we met together to discuss "how to" technically go about removing ourselves from that time and "how to" find one another again in some future time to "complete" our mission. We figured out the technicalities and made a binding pact together.

Then, we were each projected forward in time. Observing from a distance, I saw that we each landed upon different points on the projected "timeline" of conscious reality, then somehow made an adjustment so that we, at some point in time, would end up "thrown close enough together in time" to find one another on the planet and to meet again.

I was then thrown forward in time, as were my bashert and his priest-advisor. I "landed" at a place in time (reminds me of the early 1960's). I stood up, shook off the dust from landing on the ground, and looked around, wondering how in the world I was actually going to find my comrades. I had no idea where in the world they were in this new time. I had no idea the new identities each would have in this new time. I know they are somewhere in the world, but the small details as they have played out in this new time we had not been able to plan in that ancient ancient time. I remembered the pact which still binds us together.

I woke up.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.