Friday, June 23, 2006

Lifnei Mishurat HaDin

Klal Yisrael speaks ...

Torat Hashem temimah (Tehillim 19:8), lifnei mishurat hadin ...
and mishpat belongs to Elokim ... Devarim 1:17

D'bir (Elokah) KaKodesh, ruling the ruling:
Two words, two dreams: unpronouncable, unexecutable.


I dreamt two distinct yet connected dreams. First one, the demonic men of Moav:

A group of men1 (dayanim) whom I couldn't see, but could hear, were discussing my writings. They were trying to find a way to rule them "treif". The deliberations were intense and they were having a hard time finding a "proof argument" to rule them treif. Yet, they sure as ---- weren't going to stop deliberating until they found some reason to rule them treif. The group of men finally decided on the word "byte"2 in the phrase "byte by byte". Yes! They all concurred with the one who had suggested it. This is the reason, they unanimously agreed, they will use to rule my writings treif! So, they ruled my writings treif on account of the word "byte" in the phrase "byte by byte". But, I could sense the contrived ruling was itself treif and all those who had deliberated to rule it thusly knew it too. The ruling ruled falsely. And not one had properly defended my writings.3 Not one. The intent was not interested to discern emet (truth). It's interest was to manufacture evidence supporting a ruling of treif (dying).4 It was an unjust ruling, of Moav.

Second dream. Zechut eretz Yisrael (malchut-tiferet וה).

I was heading toward town down the main road (derekh)5 that runs in front of the house. Yet, I was trying to get home. To get there I turned off the main road onto a side road (netiv derekh eretz) to turn toward the direction of home rather than heading into town. There was snow6 on the ground.

There were some hybrid crocodile-wild dogs eating animals they had hunted on the sideroad I had taken that led toward home. They eyed me. I eyed them right back, showing no fear. They let me pass, as without fear of them, I was too much "trouble" for them to attack.

It was dangerous country I was in. Strange wild and ferocious creatures populated it. I walked on. In the distance, at the edge of this wild countryside, I could see a gas station. Civilization! If I can only make it to the gas station, I thought, I'll be safe. For some reason, these demonic creatures were confined to the wild country and couldn't enter civilized places.

I was almost there. Then suddenly, many green-colored humanoid creatures of large stature came out the woods nearby and started to attack me. The humanoid creatures looked like "the incredible hulk" creature (in the television series). Somehow, those from the civilization responded to the attack (whether with intent to defend me or as an unintended act of hashgachah pratis7, I don't know), shooting arrows into the mass of green humanoids. It distracted the creatures' attention away from me, who pulled out their bows and also shot arrows into the air.

Amidst a mass of flying arrows, I kept my eye (focused sight) on the gas station. I safely arrived to the edge of civilization.

I woke up.

Interestingly, yesterday there was a major natural gas leak by the country club down the road from the house where I am staying. We weren't really affected in any significant way (other than to hear the news of the event).

Footnotes:

1 Twenty-three judges are required to establish a beit din to judge capital cases, as judging something "treif" sentences it to the category of "dying" (treif).

2 yiddish byte (ביט), see Altered States, Patach Mashiach, Behold, A Dove In The Tub, Kaparah & Achdut, Drawing Down Shefa

3 The 7th Noachide law: establishing a legal system; the Noachide Laws apply to Jews as well as to non-Jews. In other words, the Noachide Laws are the universal spiritual laws which apply to all humankind. The particularity of any religious or moral tradition is established on the base of this universal human foundation. No particular system can "stand" without this base of righteousness. Not even Judaism. Judaism is a religious system based on Torah. Torah is not Judaism, despite that the religious system of Judaism is fashioned to "guard and transmit Torah". Torah belongs to all humankind.

4 The beit din cannot pronounce a capital punishment if the ruling is unanimous.

5 Zohar II, 251a; Sefer Yetzirah 1:1

6 Daniel 7:9.

7 Divine Providence, zechut eretz Yisrael

technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.