Friday, May 08, 2009

The Book Of Yashar, The Song Of Amergin

ט"ו אייר תשס"ט
Annwn 16

This evening is the full Elf Moon - and it is (like my two Beltane shaman stones) seamlessly connected to my dream Two New Chapters Of Destiny.

In British folklore:

There is a legend concerning the Buckthorn vows that if one sprinkles Buckthorn in a circle and then dances within it under a full Moon, an elf will appear. The dancer must notice the elf and say, 'Halt and grant my boon!' before the creature flees. The elf will then grant one wish.

One species of Buckthorn is Alder Buckthorn. Alder Buckthorn mystically links the feminine and masculine principles to create balance and harmony (Tiferet) within an individual. When felled, an Alder Buckthorn tree literally bleeds, turning from white to red. Resistent to rotting from water, Alder Buckthorn was often historically used to build bridges, boats and milk jugs.

The Song of Amergin verse corresponding to Alder Buckthorn is this:

I am a Tear the Sun lets fall

My unique and magical version of the Song of Amergin verse is this:

I am a Tear the Sun lets fall
with highest love abundance gently sprinkles
within my circle as magic dances
with the Sun enchanted under the full Elf Moon -
halt! I write and grant my boon!

And as I sprinkled my ritual incense on this full Elf Moon, my wish was simply this - Blessed be my family!

It is written in the Book of Yashar, and on this night the sun still stands and the moon stays.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.