Friday, December 08, 2006

Key To The Temple

I dreamt.

The community was building an important structure which would fill everyone in it with "complete" power. Selected members were being processed through an assembly line-like house to have each one's primordially frozen "mummy" brought back to life. The resurrection of my mummy was key to completing the structure and filling everyone with power.

I was standing beside my mummy. Even though he wasn't fully alive yet, I could see his eyes looking out at me from inside the frozen mummy encasing his essence. I love him.

At some place of the assembly unknown to me, the woman overseeing one point of the resurrections had torn off the form of my mummy's right arm just below the elbow. I picked up the torn arm from somewhere. It's unclear how and when she did it. Nevertheless, I saw the arm and retrieved it.

The woman had maimed us on purpose. I was different. I didn't tow the line. The community didn't want to bring my mummy back completely whole. She had torn off his arm so that his power and my power would be crippled when the community structure was realized. She had done it because that's what those holding power in the community had told her to do.

I was key to completing the structure, so they needed to resurrect my mummy to life. But, if my mummy was brought back unmaimed, he and I would be the most powerful in the community. The community leaders didn't want that. They wanted to maintain their positions of power and we might pose a problem, if we had the power to resist and overcome their power. So, the community leaders had ordered my mummy be maimed before being resurrected.

But, I resisted this. And I know that I am the key to completion of the structure. It can't be built without me. NO ONE gets filled unless my mummy's arm is fixed and healed. I'm not moving until it's done. End of discussion. I stopped the assembly line. I refused to move. Looking into my mummy's eyes, he looked back through them into mine. I love him. No one is getting anything until his arm is fixed and healed. The line was no longer moving.

I put the arm back into its place and waited for the woman, as a community representative, to "seal" it, which would seal its healing. She didn't want to do it, she consulted with those in power, and she finally agreed to do it. Otherwise no one was going anywhere, getting anything and no one's mummy would be resurrected. She and the community knew I was witch enough to do exactly what I threatened to do - to stop the whole friggin' process. And that is exactly what I was doing.

You see, I already have the power to resist and say no. Maimed or not maimed.

I woke up.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.