Friday, January 13, 2006

M'Kabtziel

1994

Not asleep, not awake, yet fully aware. Unable to move, unable to breathe, yet my eyes fully open and able to see. I saw something at the foot of my bed. It was not good. It was not bad. It was neutral, even as it evoked the thought of the Angel of Death in my mind. It reached out to touch my right ankle. I was terrified. Yet, You love me is all I could think against the terror. Energy, like an invisible electrical jolt came from within to without my whole body, and the figure withdrew its hand. I could hear the wind blowing and soft claps of thunder outside. The figure just stood there at the foot of my bed as if waiting. It then reached out again to touch my right ankle. The energy jolt also happened again, much stronger than the first one had been. I was more amazed by the force of the energy coming out through me than I was frightened of the figure. Concurrent with the second energy jolt, the wind howled and shook the house and the thunder boomed as if right outside my window. The figure withdrew its hand and disappeared. As soon as it disappeared, my paralysis was broken. I jumped up out of bed, partly from pushing against released resistance, and partly just to move my body and regroup my senses. I went to my window. The night was clear, still and quiet. Stars dotted the sky. I realized that the life I had planned was probably not going to be the life I was going to get.

The one over death loves me. Shir HaShirim 1:3

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.