Sunday, March 04, 2012

Remarkable Middle Eastern Genetic Matches - What It Means to U

י׳ באדר תשע"ב
Keowulf 12
Ash 15

In follow-up to my earlier post on the Middle (Near) Eastern origin of Haplogroup U (Clan Ursula), this Hg's persistent continued historical presence in the Middle East (even following a large settlement of Clan Ursula in Scandinavia) is further evidenced by the presence of a remarkable amount of Middle Eastern matches in my autosomal STR Middle Eastern Panel results. I have both Jewish and Arabic matches in varying amounts according to location and subpopulations within those locations.

Given the fact that I've had American Ancestors in this country from before it was even the United States of America, and that some of my American ancestors fought in the American Revolution (and one ancestor even signed the Declaration of Independence), means that my American ancestors have been in this country for hundreds of years. One ancestral clan from Wales has been here since the mid-1600's. Yet, despite that, my Native American Panel came back with no genetic matches at all - all zeros. This lends support to the idea that Hg U must have had a long presence in the Middle East for me - someone of Clan Ursula - to have picked up such a large and diverse amount of both Middle Eastern Jewish and Arabic genetic matches, even though some of them have a low Tribe Score.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.