Friday, March 16, 2012

Final mtDNA Motherline Results - U5b Haplogroup

כ״ב באדר תשע"ב
Keowulf 24
Ash 27

Hey, hey, happy day! I received the final hardcopy report and final results of my mtDNA ancestral motherline genetic analysis today! Here is a redacted photo of the hardcopy result showing confirmation that my motherline genetic haplogroup is U5b (Clan Ursula - the most ancient motherline in all Europe). In all the world, tracing the data from the last Ice Age to the present, the information shows (quoting from the results) "where in the world (I) have matches to (my) mtDNA. These matches indicate (my) maternal geographic ancestral roots." When it says that I have "0" "difference to (my) best matches", it means that all of my genetic matches are EXACT matches to my defining genetic markers. Quoting, "a difference of "0" indicates that we have exact matches for your samples." How cool is that!

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.