Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Crown Of Shoes

ב' כסלו תשס"ט
Shamash 3

In follow-up to an earlier entry regarding the Friday morning rescue of the Mackoff family, it is interesting to note that Carol Mackoff (from Illinois, my tribal state) describes the rescue of the six people in her group particularly:

They took us down a back service stairway that was very quiet. We were tiptoeing through glass and blood and discarded shoes from people who it appeared had recently died."

Interesting connections exist between the rescue of these six from Mumbai's Taj Mahal Palace Hotel (pharaoh as a big house or palace), the exodus from Mitzrayim (dire straits), the Divine Feminine, the flaming sword of Gan Eden and the malach Gabriel.

With shoes on their feet, they left in haste as the night terror passed over [Shemot 12:11 and Tehillim 91:5], significantly through glass (the world of Chaos) and blood (the feminine sefirah of Binah) and discarded shoes (spellworking-prayers found in Gan Eden and described in the book, Gabriel's Palace by Howard Schwartz).

וְכָכָה, תֹּאכְלוּ אֹתוֹ--מָתְנֵיכֶם חֲגֻרִים, נַעֲלֵיכֶם בְּרַגְלֵיכֶם וּמַקֶּלְכֶם בְּיֶדְכֶם; וַאֲכַלְתֶּם אֹתוֹ בְּחִפָּזוֹן, פֶּסַח הוּא לַיהוָה.

לֹא-תִירָא, מִפַּחַד לָיְלָה; מֵחֵץ, יָעוּף יוֹמָם.

The enemy said: 'I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.' [Shemot 15:9]

In the end, the family from Illinois survived, and the terrorists are no more.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.