Monday, July 30, 2012

I Am, A Daughter of Odin

My Deep Ancestry Autosomal Genetic Results.

According to Snorri Sturluson (Icelandic historian, 1179-1241), the Germanic god Odin's roots can be found in Turkey, also called Anatolia or Asia Minor. The ancient Germanic tribes called it Turkland. The god Odin moved in the second century BCE to the ancestral Germanic tribes of Northern Europe. The people we related to today as Turks did not arrive (in Turkey) until the 9th century, about 1000 years after Odin left the area. On his journey from Ukraine and Russia, Odin settled down in what is today northern Germany. According to Snorri Sturluson, Odin ended his journey in Sweden, where he founded the dynasty of the House of Ynglings through his son Yngvi-Frey. Odin's settlement in Sweden is also confirmed by the Danish historian Saxo Grammaticus (c. 1150-1220) in his Gesta Danorum.

The graphic shows my own deep ancestral origins to be Sweden. My Middle Eastern Panel drills down into the data and reveals autosomal genetic matches for me in Turkey (Anatolia) and Armenia (a part of ancient Anatolia). My motherline genetic results show genetic matches to me in the Ukraine, Russia, Iran (think Azerbaijan, the Aesir) and Germany - all of the areas of Odin's migration route, demonstrating that my ancestors traveled the ancient migration JUST LIKE ODIN. Odin's journey is the journey of my own ancestors!



Part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.