Monday, February 23, 2009

Performance

ל' שבט תשס"ט
Keolwulf 1

Today at work I did of spot analysis of my performance as the MDS Coordinator there - and wow! what I found.

Comparing January 2009 (when I was MDS Coordinator) with January 2008 (when someone else was MDS Coordinator), my facility's percentage stats for our Medicare population:

* our overall average Medicare CMI (case mix index) increased by 5%

* our overall average daily Medicare rate (dollars per day per resident) increased by 10%

* our extensive services + rehab RUG (the highest-paying RUG category) days increased by 42%

* our extensive services + rehab RUG revenue dollars increased by 57%

Say wow! with me.

We have a very small Medicaid population, but our total per diem Medicaid rate has also increased, by 7%.

And the best part of all this, is that I have documentary proof for every single IV I claimed which drove our Medicare revenue to increase by 57%. Every single one of them. I am relentless about getting the extensive services documentation. The local hospital's IT department created a special report just because their nursing staff got tired of being bugged by me to fax me copies of the IV medication administration records on every new Medicare admit we got from them.

I hope this is a good sign for my own little business venture's success (WITCHCRAFTS by Liorah Lleucu).

4 comments:

Lars Shalom said...

well, good luck

Lori said...

I'll take that to mean you wish me well. :)

Gavrielah said...

I wish you lots of luck and prosperity with WITCHCRAFTS and am excited to see what you come up with. Although I don't completely understand the significance of your stats re: work they do look impressive and I give you that well deserved pat on the back.

Lori said...

Thanks.

Dare to be true to yourself.