Wednesday, August 08, 2012

My Prehistoric Hunter Gatherer Vs. Farmer Genetic Ancestral Percentages

My Results
Prehistorical World Population Regions

Uploading my FTDNA autosomal (genes inherited from both parents) SNP genetic data to Gedmatch, I ran the data through the Eurogenes Hunter Gatherer vs. Farmer Utility which calculates genetic prehistoric ancestral population percentages. Shown are my results (top image) and a map (bottom image) showing the regions the results refer. This utility calculates that I descended from prehistoric Baltic Hunter Gatherers (55% - In prehistoric times, Finno-Ugric tribes inhabited a long belt stretching across northern Europe from the Urals through northern Scandinavia), Mediterranean Farmers (34%), Anatolian Farmers (7%) and Middle Eastern Herders (3%).

Population descriptions are available HERE.

More info on the utility HERE. "If you're looking for a fairly clean cut summation of your ancestry, then use the results from K9 or the Hunter-Gatherer vs. Farmer tests, where genetic differentiation between the clusters is greatest."

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.