Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Next Seat

י״ד בסיון תשע"א
Alban Heruin 16

In follow-up to my previous post Lamed (where I was sitting in the 12th seat, with the 13th seat next to me empty), a commenter to that post wrote that it reminded him of the film 12 Monkeys (a film I have never seen) "about traveling back in time to fix things but being unable to do so." Wiki ends its plot summary of this apocalyptic film (where a virus wipes out most of the human race) with these words:

Peters, safely aboard the plane, sits down next to Jones (Carol Florence), one of the lead scientists from the future, who tells him that she is in "insurance".

Interesting.

Viral can be bad or good, depending on the information or energy spread. What can't be fixed is the fact the something will indeed "go viral," but that "something" is yet to be determined.

That same commenter commented on my post Wrestling with Destiny. He suggested that I may have been wrestling with chaos in that dream, which makes sense to me. At any rate, I won the wrestling match, which is a good sign. So far, so good. Perhaps I am, like Jones, in "insurance." Perhaps it is up to me who sits in the seat "Peters" occupied in the film, and it is up to me what goes viral. Because I have the luxury of knowing in advance that whomever sits in that seat next to me holds the future in his hands. Necessarily then, I am guarding that seat.

Good calls Clayton.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arigato - thanks

Dare to be true to yourself.