Friday, July 28, 2006

My Seat Among The Companions

I dreamt.

Something historical was about to go down. We were all taking our places in some kind of community configuration. Those without a reserved seat in the configuration had to go to the hotel for the homeless to wait out and hopefully survive the coming storm.

I took my seat. The man to my left and the woman to my right were upset with me because I wouldn't give up my seat to their woman friend. It was my seat, not hers. She would have to find her own seat or go to the hotel. That was the rule. I refused to give up my seat to their friend.

The woman went to the hotel. The two who had wanted me to give up my seat went with her to the hotel to comfort her. But, they couldn't stay with her - the event was coming and they needed to get back to their own seats. The seats were the safest place to be. They were protected. The hotel was merely a shelter offering minimum protection (like a bomb shelter).

They were upset with me. They wanted their friend to have my seat and for me to go to the hotel for the homeless.

It's my seat. I worked hard against many barriers to find it. It is not my fault she couldn't find her seat. My seat is not hers.

I woke up.

technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.