Saturday, July 29, 2006

Curious Numbers

Since I don't believe in coincidence and do believe that everything is ultimately connected, I need to point out an interesting correlation I found linking my hospital dream yesterday morning and the terrorist shooting at the Jewish Federation in Seattle yesterday afternoon.

In a follow-up post to the hospital dream, I analyzed the hebrew word-phrase for hospital as follows:

The hospital בית חולים in this dream is symbolic of the unification of ze'ir anpin and nukvah, both operating with harmony, sharing Divine Delight between them. We arrive at this understanding by assessing the data (like in the dream) associated with the hebrew letters which comprise the word-phrase.

The normative gematria (pertaining to the world of atzilut) of בית חולים is 506. The digits of this value are 5, 0 and 6. In other words, the data terms are five ה, zero ע and six ו. Each digit also corresponds respectively to nukvah ה, resha d'ayin ע, and ze'ir anpin ו.

Curiously, the numbers associated with the Seattle shooting are 5, 1 and 6 (wounded, dead, and total struck by the shooter, respectively). These numbers are similar to the numbers of my dream, with the exception that, in the shooting, 1 was killed. In my dream, 0 were killed.

Another curiosity is how the hospital where I was working in the dream can even be associated with Divine Delight, given that I hate staff nursing (what I have done for the past several years part-time in a nursing home, as my research-clinical management career was systematically destroyed after "coming out" as a Jew). The hospital is associated with Divine Delight and resha d'ayin precisely because I hate doing it (staff nursing, in the dream and in real life), yet do it against my nature similarly to the situation of the akeidah. It other words, my actions are leshem shamayim and demonstrate the presence of yirat shamayim (specifically yir'a elyona). This gives G-d delight.

It's an awful thought, but one I'm thinking nevertheless. And given that I highly value truth and honesty, I'm going to articulate what I'm wondering, as unpleasant as it is: Do these correlations imply that the shooting is somehow associated with the ram of the akeidah?

One more thing, I have worked for my seat among the companions and I am sitting in it. Like it or not.

technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.