Thursday, May 25, 2006

Imos Ha'Keri'ah II

In follow-up to this post on the Imos Ha'Keri'ah and the Divine Name, Ehevi:

The אמות הקריאה, precursors to the Hebrew vowels (nekudot), and also known in Latin as mater lectionis, are both consonants and vowels. In other words and importantly, the letters which comprise the imos ha'keria'ah (אהוי) are fully "able" in 2 worlds simultaneously: functioning as a consonant (in the world of asiyah, ה) and functioning as a vowel (in the world of beriyah, ה). Both of these worlds are in the domain of the feminine (הה). I'm recalling something about "when the letters hey are equal, side by side" here ...

technorati tag:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

שלום,אנ נועמי.אני סינית.אני בת 20אני לומדת ענרית.your articles gave me deep impression.i feel happy when i read them.אבל אני לא כל כך מהינה.זה קשה בישנילי.אנל זה מיעניין מאוד!:) would you like to be my מורה or חבר ? my e-mail:ilpete@163.com . my skype name:nomilevy . i am eager to get your reply! :)

Lori said...

You'll need to translate the Hebrew if you want me to understand exactly what you are writing.

Dare to be true to yourself.