Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Linking Worlds In Conversation With The Universe

ב' באב תש"ע
Lughnasadh 3

Getting up from the desk chair in my bedroom to go get a banana to eat in the kitchen, as happened Sunday with The Herald, the Universe again naturally caught my attention as I ever continue to Stand My Ground with Goddess. Walking out of my bedroom door, cast from the light-beam streaming in from the window onto the right sleeve of my pure linen white shirt as it hung from the over-door hook near some of my witchee baubles, I saw two rainbow patches of light dancing on it.

A storm blew through the area last night (the change in air pressure doing a number on my sinuses and keeping me awake all night), but even so, the storm left for me rainbows in its wake. Below is a photo I took of the rainbows on my shirt.

In the Norse tradition of my Germanic ancestors, a burning rainbow bridge (called the Bifröst or Bilröst Bridge) links the Middle Earth home of humans called Midgard (an Anglicized form of Old Norse Miðgarðr) with the other nine worlds on the cosmic World Tree (Yggdrasil). The burning rainbow bridge particularly links Midgard with Ãsgard, the human and divine realms, respectively. Interestingly, Midgard is surrounded by a world of water (whose waters are inhabited by a great sea serpent who encircles the whole world by grasping its own tail).

Similarly, in the Hebrew tradition of my Jewish ancestors, a rainbow is seen by humans while sailing upon the waters of a world covered by water and symbolizes a covenant linking the human and the divine.

I saw two little rainbows, one for each rainbow tradition of my ancestors, as up from the desk chair I stood, standing with two feet firmly upon my ground. I think I am having conversations with the Universe (and my friend Jacek too who posted this - with a rainbow in it - on my Facebook yesterday)!

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.