Sunday, March 22, 2009

Close-Up Digital Photography

כ"ז אדר א' תשס"ט
Keolwulf 28

I am grateful to my mother for allowing me to use her digital camera to take photos of the items I'm listing online at my etsy shoppe, but despite that, the auto-focus camera quite frankly sucks. LOL. It takes LOUSY close-up photos. I definitely need to invest in a digital camera capable of taking clear close-ups showing item details.

I know next to nothing about digital photography. I know I need a camera, a memory card and a USB cable to get the photos from the camera to my computer and that's about it. Perusing the internet, I am thinking about purchasing a Canon PowerShot A80 4MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom. Anyone have any thoughts about or experience using this camera or suggestions about another one? Think inexpensive. I don't want to spend a fortune at this point on a digital camera, but I do want one that can show item details and not blur them when shooting a close-up of the item. I want people to be able to see the item clearly and distinctly.

I think armed with a good camera with zoom capabilities I might be able to take decent photos, develop my photography skills, and take shots with a little bit more artistic perspective. Right now I'm rather limited in the camera area, but this will change and my photos will get better.

4 comments:

Lars Shalom said...

hey i found my happy blood today!! will write soon, one's a \Rebbe!

Lori said...

mazal tov :)

Lily Wyte said...

My daughter has an Olympus SP 550 that I love. So far it can do anything I ask of it... she lets me borrow it. With a good camera and adobe photoshop you should be able to make art.

Lori said...

Thanks for the tip - I'll definitely check it out!

Dare to be true to yourself.