Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Contest That Never Happened

ט' באדר ב' תשס"ח
Raven 10

I dreamt.

A jousting match had been set up between the two "warring" factions of the kingdom to decide the singular united fate of the kingdom. Each side sent it's undefeated hero.

I saw the dark knight holding his uniquely long jousting stick which glistened with radiant sparks of light at his side as he rode upon his dark steed into the place where the jousting match had been set up. He had never been defeated and was without a doubt that he would win this joust with the opposition's hero.

Then, I was no longer watching him, I was upon my own light steed. With my equally uniquely long jousting stick which glistened with radiant sparks of light at my side, I rode up to the place where the jousting match had been set up. I had never been defeated and I knew without a doubt that I wouldn't be in this match either.

I watched him watch her as she rode up to the place after he had already arrived. He saw her as a woman robed in light. He wasn't even going to try to knock her off her steed. He recognized her in his heart and mind as his bashert. He resigned from participating in the jousting event even as she rode by him into the place.

The joust (נאבק) was set aside and replaced with a merry feast, while the two "talking" sides decided what to do if the joust wasn't going to take place.

I woke up.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.