Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Cleave Land

כ"ג בטבת תשס"ח
Grael 24

Among the many parts of a dream this morning, one scene stands out - I was traveling down and around the corner of a street named "Cleave"land. Off to the side of the road there was a huge field completely full of singing red birds. There were so many singing red birds that the songs and the birds themselves blurred into one sound and sight of indistinct red chaos, yet I concentrated (almost as if pulling myself inward together) to listen for a distinct message to come out from among them.

I focused. Many of the red birds suddenly just disappeared as if lifted off the page of the "place" I was seeing. No longer was there a blur of song and redness. Though the field was still full of birds, now I could see individual birds, whereas before they had all blurred together. Most were still red birds, but I could now see that there were birds of other colors scattered among them as well. Now, there was even a particular black bird whose voice emerged from the group and pulled my attention toward it. The black bird's song rose up as an individual song directly into my ear distinctly, out from the field of many birds. The black bird seemed to pull itself up out of the field and toward my face on the "string" connected to it's individual song which had attached to my attention. In other words, my attention gave the black bird's song a point of attachment at the end opposite the black bird, making the particular black bird's song a stabilized pulley. The other birdsongs were just unattached strings blowing in the wind. With an opposite attachment, a bird could pull itself up and out from among the many of the field. Why, it could even fly!

I woke up.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.