Friday, March 07, 2014

Funeral

It is extremely arrogant to make ignorant and condescending statements about other belief systems at a funeral, especially when it cannot be assumed in this day and age that everyone present at a funeral will be christian. The dumb-as-an-ass preacher giving the eulogy this afternoon and told mourners today that "death is only for heathens, pagans, buddhists, hindus (and other non-Christians)." What a crock of complete ignorant bullpooh!

I'm a heathen, a pagan, a witch. When I give up my physical body and go to be with my Ancestors in Valhalla, I will still be a heathen, a pagan, a witch. This is who I am. I will be true to myself even if the whole world hates me for it. I will never deny MY TRUTH. And I am not ashamed, I am not cowed by stupid people, nor will I let this ignorant preacher's insult go unchallenged before the eyes and ears of my children and grandchildren who were also at the funeral today.

Heathens and pagans do not aspire to go to heaven. We do not aspire to be with Jesus. We do not go to a christian hell when our bodies expire. We do not fear eternal death, as some christians think we must.

To my family and friends who are christians, learn what you do not know. Do not accept what is spewed to you by ignorant preachers from the pulpit about non-christians. Above all, respect people of other faiths and beliefs, regardless of whether they are heathens, pagans, buddhists, hindus, jews, muslims, atheists or whatever. Don't be ignorant and don't let the ignorance of others, even if they are a preacher, sway you to be disrespectful of other people's spirituality and immortal soul.

This is the prayer I want said at my funeral ...

Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave, they live forever.


If any stupid preachers come to my funeral and insult other faiths or proselytise, I will haunt everyone!!!

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.