Legend of the Mountain of Promise
The given clues:
- find the place where wood becomes flesh (original state of human species consciousness?) located near a body of water
- find the place where mud (earth and water) is made by fire instead of water (permafrost significantly suggested)
- walk toward the sun to the painted cave located between the sound that never ceases and the cliff shaped like a woman
- enter the cave and walk to find the rock dwarf that dared face the sun
- with the dwarf at your right hand, walk to locate "the Crypt of Secrets" containing "the Scroll of Knowledge" that will lead to "the Mountain of Promise" - the crypt is located between "the rock that bleeds" and "the river that laughs"
I personally can't help but link in my mind this Mountain of Promise with my experience when I was 6 years old, where when "coming down" I was given a promise in exchange for letting go the "treasured possession" I tried to hold and contain within my child mind.