Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Genetic Ancestry Summary

ל׳ בשבט תשע"ב
Keowulf 3
Ash 6

I did the most extensive 27-marker genetic analysis available, along with specific population analyses (European, Middle Eastern and Native American). My United Kingdom (Welsh, English, Scottish, Irish) and Germanic ancestries were confirmed by the results. I now have to add to this European ancestral list Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary. I was surprised by the results in that I have deep Swedish-Norse roots, an interesting and unexpected Middle Eastern ancestry (Armenian, Hungarian Jewish, Turkish, Israeli Jewish), and no notable Native American ancestry (despite oral family history). Taken all together, I can conclude that my primary genetic roots are pan-Celtic (including Welsh, English, Scottish, Irish and Belgic), Norse (including Swedish, Germanic and Norwegian), Italian, Armenian, Hungarian Ashkenazic Jewish, Israeli Jewish and Turkish.

4 comments:

kim said...

This is fascinating! You must be very excited. It's interesting about the Native American oral history from your family. My husband's family is said to have Native American 1 or 2 generations back, but we haven't been able to find it.

I received my necklace today. it is BEAUTIFUL!

Myfanwy said...

You're welcome. I'm happy you like it! :D

Myfanwy said...

I have 3 very plausible theories as to why it is that I didn't inherit any NA genetic markers, but I'm not going to share those publicly on my blog.

kim said...

I totally understand about not sharing certain things publicly. I have some Native American on my father's side. I'll have to dig that info out.......

Dare to be true to yourself.