Saturday, April 10, 2010

Peaceful Nightmares

כ״ז בניסן תש"ע
Raven 28

Recently I've been having strange dreams. In some way the dreams could be considered nightmares, in that the content should be scary - but neither in the midst of the dream nor after I wake up am I the least bit afraid. For instance, one dream a few nights ago involved a plane crash and dripping acid in a fantastical landscape, but I walked away unharmed from amidst all the mountainous crashing tumbling debris and was never touched by any of the acid. It's as if I cannot be harmed and I know it, even in the dream and even though I go through all the 'normal' dream actions one might take to avoid being harmed. In other words, I don't do anything stupid like not even try to get out of the way of dangerous things. Nevertheless, I always walk through, not just fearlessly but rather serenely, and emerge from these dangerous situations unperturbed and unscathed. So, I'm having nightmares which really are not nightmares at all and leave me feeling peaceful. In fact, now that I think about it, even though I'm having these 'nightmares', my real life has been rather peaceful and calm - as if nothing can go wrong for me.

Peaceful nightmares - such a paradox.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.