Monday, September 25, 2006

Passover

I've been passed over again, at work.

I found out today that I won't be getting the fulltime pm shift nursing supervisor position at the county nursing home where I've worked PRN (as needed) for the past several years. The DON (director of nursing) called me to set up an interview - I could come in anyway to discuss it, but they required I work on saturdays. Fulltime every sunday through thursday was not an acceptable alternative to every other weekend.

But, I could still interview if I wanted to. For appearances likely, since my education and experience warrant an interview. I mean, they can't LOOK like they are discriminating, can they?

Not only did I find out that I won't be getting the fulltime job, but I also found out that after October 15 (hmm, wonder if that date is significant?), they are cutting out all the PRN positions. That's MY job classification.

But, I can go to part time the DON told me and work a scheduled 1 day per week, on sundays. The catch is, I'll be classified as part time allowing them to pay me $2 an hour LESS than what I am paid as a PRN nurse. But, no doubt they will USE me as a PRN nurse - at $2 less an hour.

Justice. Justice. God Almighty! may I PLEASE find some justice this year.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.