Thursday, January 30, 2014

Royal Hamingja

Dragon Raven Banner

Last night's rune drawing was Fehu.

I dreamt.

I was a young woman at the University. I lived in the living quarters with other students. I pretty much kept to myself and didn't get involved in any of the social activities with the other students. I wasn't shy really, I just wasn't very skilled at being sociable. I was also a rather socially reserved personality.

But one of my acquaintance girlfriends came and talked me into going with her to an important university dinner party. I went with her, glad she had pulled me toward going. I sat at one of the round banquet tables in the banquet hall.

There were little creatures (small-sized like miniature dogs, but they weren't dogs) that went around entertaining and performing at the feet of all the students. Though they were entertaining, their purpose was not to entertain - it was to scout out for the special one, sort of like making a preliminary assay to determine candidates who might be real witches.

I was identified as one among a group of female students to be tested for being a real witch. I decided to go along with the test.

Some of the candidates put on their coats because it was cold, icy and snowy outside and the dance would take us outside of the banquet room, but I didn't. I knew I wouldn't be cold as I danced.

We began the group dance in the banquet hall, but as we danced, we danced out the large doors to the outside where it was snowy. We danced into a trance as we danced. I felt no cold. As we danced, we levitated and rose into the air like ravens. Our dance became a dance in flight.

Suddenly, we all had wings and our wings became wings of blazing fire! We danced on fire. Thus, all of us who had passed the initial assay were all confirmed to be true witches. We were true witches.

The dance completed and the fire of our wings ceased, including mine. We began our smooth descent back to the ground. But then I did an unexpected thing. I willed my wings to be on fire a second time, like a dragon, during descent as opposed to during trance dance, and to ascend in flight and dance a second time! No one else did that, only I could do that. All those present were completely amazed that I was the one who would be able to do this second willed ascent on fiery wings. At this point, I didn't know the significance of what I had done, but since on the spur of the moment, I had wanted to do what only I had done, I did it because I could - I was happy, playing, joyous at just being me, this was the motivation for my willed dance.

When I finished my second willed fiery flight, I too smoothly descended to the ground and joined the group. We went inside. There was talk among the elders. Whispers went like wildfire through the student body and all those present. It was unexpected, but the talk was that I was the Witch Queen heir apparent. No one would have guessed that the new Witch Queen was me, I was so not the 'type' they had expected.

There was one final test - rowing in a longship - a strange kind of rowing, but the motion we were to do was a rowing-like motion. The group of us who had flown on fire, were put sideways into a longship (the longship was one longship, but we each had our own too such that we weren't sideways in our own space, this kind of longship cannot be fit entirely into the physical world). We each 'rowed' with our arms.

Unlike any of the others, I stretched my arms out beyond the conventional water in which we each rowed. I stretched clear across the water to the other shore and dug my fingernails and fingers into the soil of it. I walked with my fingers digging into the soil, stretching my arms even further, to a door and knocked on it. A woman with a young daughter opened the door - these two were significant to me, although I didn't really know exactly how (in the dream), but I knew that they were. I looked at the blond haired little girl (about 6 years old) and told her that I loved her, and that I had kept my promise (a promise had been made to me during shamanic journey when I was about 6 years old) to her - here I was, and things will be okay now (these are the last words my maternal grandfather ever spoke to me - when I was a young woman -, as if he were seeing into the future and preparing me for the tests with the knowledge that I would be okay and get through them). Then, the rowing test was over and I returned with the group back to the banquet room.

There was no doubt now, I was the new Witch Queen. There was also no doubt that the new Witch King was not the one all had expected it would be. The new Witch King was necessarily the one linked to me, as the new Witch King was necessarily the one soul matched to the new Witch Queen, namely, me.

Whispers spread like wildfire again through the crowd, and everyone including me turned to look at the sandy-haired guy sitting quietly at a table across the hall from me. This was the guy who was my partner Witch King. I had never seen him before that moment, but I recognized him as my partner and the one who had brought me to the school. He hadn't expected it to be him either. Though he had for awhile suspected that I was the Witch Queen heir apparent, he was just as surprised as everyone else that he was the new Witch King, partner to the Witch Queen.

I woke up.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.