Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Herald

כ״ט בתמוז תש"ע
Lughnasadh 1

In the kitchen just now to get a glass of lemonade, I thought heard a rooster crowing. While I do live in a rural-ish residential area outside the city limits, I don't live in the countryside with farms. Nevertheless, I heard a rooster crow - or something, I thought. Looking outside, there it appeared - a rooster walking across the yard! I ran into my bedroom, grabbed my camera and went outside to photograph the newest totem animal to enter into my life!

Totemic Rooster joyfully and vigorously embraces life, powerfully wards against baneful energies, heralds the resurrection of the sun in the beginning of each new day, and calls into being new beginnings. With ties to the ancient past and hidden power, in Celtic and Norse mysticism, Rooster is an Underworld totem of illumination, forthtelling of new prophetic insights. Wow!

Here are photos of my Rooster ... watchful and posing just for me!



No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.