Saturday, March 15, 2008

Consciousness Without Death

ט' באדר ב' תשס"ח
Raven 10

In Unblemished Mitzvah, I wrote that my soul is watered by a treasure of the hidden world, namely that known as Ein (אין), meaning "nothing" or "without". Ein is the state of nothing which precedes conscious awareness of Ein Sof (אין סוף, Without End). Conscious awareness of Ein Sof is known as Ein Sof Aur (אין סוף אור), the Light of Ein Sof.

This shabbat morning, before I wrote the entry, Unblemished Mitzvah, I had a waking vision of resurrection, as described in a subsequent entry, Up From The Grave.

Between Ein and Aur, between nothing and conscious awareness, in the name Ein Sof Aur, is the word Sof. Sof is usually translated as "end". Interestingly, another translation of "sof" is "death". Thus, a literal translation of Ein Sof Aur is "without death awareness". In other words, Ein Sof Aur is conscious awareness experienced within a state without death.

Thus, my writings today have gone from Ein (Unblemished Mitzvah and Holy Holy Holy Host) to Ein Sof (Up From The Grave) to Ein Sof Aur (Consciousness Without Death).

None of my writings are ever planned in advance. I sit in front of my computer and just start writing - like in the movie Finding Forrester - I just start writing. It's amazing what one discovers when one writes this way.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.