Sunday, January 13, 2008

Scepter Of Selection

ו' בשבט תשס"ח
Imbolgen 6

Though I am currently employed using my qualification as a registered nurse in the area of clinical data management for reimbursement purposes, once upon a time, I was employed as a biologist-biochemist in pharmaceutical discovery research (my university degree is in biochemistry, not nursing). As a biologist-biochemist, much of my work involved investigating interactions between cells of the immune system in the bloodstream within the contexts of protective or pathologic inflammatory responses. For those unfamiliar with immune cells in the bloodstream, a subset (T Lymphocytes) of the cells I worked with during my investigations into cell-cell interactions are also intimately involved with positive and negative selection processes critical to a healthy functioning immune system. When I became a kabbalist, I wrote the following poem in recognition of the work I did as a research biologist-biochemist ...

Scepter Of Selection

cell to cell, receptor to receptor
a fit communication
an exchanging interaction, immortalized, specific
naturally essential, particularly recognized
the only true selection
universally evident in the matter
with perfect complimentary
positive and negative
working completely together for good
ordering with chaos
a most functional system of defense
in the complex environment
full of simple orchestrations
a developing music into being
playing through generations and times
turning over
the epiphany of history
through her handle on blood biology

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.