Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Open News

י"ה בשבט תשס"ח
Imbolgen 15

I was planning on being away from home Monday through Wednesday on business. However, the hotel (not cheap) where a room had been provided for me through a sister facility where I was going to help the new data coordinator get her systems in order (originally for 3 days) had drapes fixed in the "open" position. The drapes had been designed that way - they weren't faulty functioning. The only thing between the outside world and I was a pair of sheer panels! Have you ever heard of such a thing?!!!! Needless to say, I'm no longer there. It's Tuesday morning and I'm at home. I'm sorry I had to leave after the first day, but to be provided an indecent room with drapes fixed "open" and to consider such a room acceptable business accomodations is totally inconceivable. Unbelievable! That's right. As everyone else in the conference room yesterday afternoon, I too am a professional, and as a professional, this is a business standard I will not accept.

More "in the open" news this Tuesday morning - CNN reports that stocks plummeted more than 400 points at the opening bell.

Bad news it seems, with the open.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.