Saturday, December 15, 2007

Heritage Facts

ז' בטבת תשס"ח
Grael 8

* I am the 6th great grandniece of American founding father and statesman Benjamin Franklin through my mother's father's mother's line. *

* Classic American author William Faulkner is another distinguished member of my family tree on my mother's side. *

* The Faulkner clan arrived in America (Maryland) via Wales 22 January 1665 on the ship Agreement, setting out from Bristol. Their passage was paid for with 300 pounds of tobacco. This family consisted of John Faulkner (son of William Faulkner "citizen & draper of London" and Elizabeth Filmer, daughter of Sir Edward Filmer & Dame Elizabeth Argall) and Elizabeth (daughter of Reginald Filmer & Jane Travis), and their children John, Thomas & Francis. The Faulkner British connection is through my mother's mother's father's line. Patriarch John Faulkner was born in Wales. He and Elizabeth were married in Wales. *

* My direct ancestors from my maternal Faulkner family line fought in the American Revolution. *

* In addition to Wales and London, other areas in the UK from which I have ancestors include Ecton, Northamptonshire, Banbury, Oxford. *

* My Jewish family line (Grunwald family name) came from England to the United States in the 1800's. I have little specific information regarding where they came from in England as of yet. William and Sue Grunwald were both observant Jews. The Grunwald British connection is through my mother's mother's mother's line.*

* My paternal Native American ancestry includes both Cherokee and Potawatomi. I have Native American family members who walked on the Cherokee Trail Of Tears and on the Potawatomi Trail Of Death during the 1800's. I was born in a town through which the 1838 Potawatomi Trail Of Death passed. *

* My maternal heritage is Jewish, British and Welsh. *

* My paternal heritage is Native American, Irish, British and German. *

* I am an American. *

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.