Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mind On The Mountaintop

ט' בתשרי תשס"ח

Driving in my car this morning in the flat midwest, an unusual sight in the sky caught my attention. The clouds, sky and hidden sun all came together in such a manner that they starkly formed what appeared to be a mountaintop with a brilliant light resting on its peak. It wasn't a wispy or fleeting sight. The edges of the "lit mountaintop" were crisply crafted, radiantly clear and remained "formed" for several minutes, beckoning as if mindfully reaching for my attention. It was conscious of me. I was conscious of it.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I had a dream a few days ago. I accidentally drove over a cliff on a curving mountain road. It wasn't a scary dream. I was very objective through it and thought "I'm not going survive this." So, I said the shema in the dream. Then I woke up. I had been driving down the mountain from the top.

Lori said...

People in the car with me had been chattering away, distracting me. The road may have moved too, while they were distracting me.

Clever.

Dare to be true to yourself.