Saturday, July 28, 2007

New Legend Of Sleepy Hollow

י"ג באב תשס"ז

Last evening I saw the form of a headless witch in the melting black candle wax of my shabbat candle (see Waking Up A Witch). It reminded me of the story, The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow.

The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow is about a schoolmaster who is driven out of town, supposedly by a ghostly headless horseman. Interestingly, in one part of my Shamir dream this morning centered within a context of demon-busting, one demon was the "political head" of the headmaster of my daughter's school. I had been brought into town to drive the demon out - by whom I don't know. I was just taken there to do it. The name of the school, for some reason, was associated with a local grade [madreiga] school named Daniel School.

The demon was sitting in the disguise of a powerful politician in a conference-banquet hall at the table with the schoolmaster, teachers and parents. The banquet room was filled with people from the town for some school festival or gathering.

The demon wanted to destroy me, but to destroy me he would have to come out and reveal himself to all those gathered, those whom he had fooled as to his true intentions. The schoolmaster, the only one who knew the demon's true identity, cautioned the demon not to risk revealing himself just to destroy me - the people would see the truth. Right now, the people thought he was a great leader, but if he came out to destroy me, he would lose his easy power over them. So, the schoolmaster talked the demon into remaining hidden. He couldn't risk exposure in an attempt to destroy me.

Unlike the demon, I had nothing to lose in driving him out, while he could lose everything should he decide to "come out" in an attempt to destroy me.

All the cards are in my hand now.

Cackle. Cackle.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.