Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Druid Measures

I dreamt of a Celtic community during the dark ages. They were Druids. There were a few Jews also "resident" in the community. I was there as a hybrid, simultaneously from the future and from the time in which the dream took place, of both the Druid community and of the few Jews who lived among them.

It was an extremely brutal time, the dark ages. Especially for children. Many never survived childhood for various reasons. Laws were harsh and strictly enforced. Children and adults were often killed for various violations of the laws. It was a matter of survival, the harsh justice.

Without the harsh laws, the community would succumb to the warlike brutality spiraling in increase outside the protected village. This was the thinking among the majority of community elders.

Despite every effort to hold back the approaching assault, the brutal pogroms outside came against the Druids and reached toward the protected village, my village. I saw the children's faces here, around their eyes painted coal black. I also saw how "the others" saw the children of the Druids - as darkly oppressed. As one among them, I didn't feel oppressed. I felt protected here.

Two Druid priestesses came forward from that ancient time into my dream, just as the brutal warlike forces outside were poised to breach the boundaries of the protected village. The Druid priestesses were older women, in black hooded Druid cloaks. The Elders had misused the power, and the old laws had become corrupted in these warring times. But these two Druidesses knew the Old Ways of uncorrupted teaching, and even though I was not "only" Celtic and had "other blood" in me as well (all my other current ancestries, even in the dream), I was worthy to receive the teaching. Perhaps, my "mixture" will in some manner serve to prevent the "corruption" and unbalance of power which typically comes when any "purebred" (of any human lineage) achieves a high level. Something about being of one bloodline is so not good at a certain point in mystical work (and leads to some sort of distortion of clarity). The two Druidesses believed that having more than one bloodline served to balance out and bring clarity to the blind spots, each of the other(s). Together, even though each Druid priestess had at the same time "found me" independently of the other, they are both going to teach me, so that the Old Ways will live on. I am now an apprentice Druid priestess made of many bloodlines.

The dark cloud which permeated the dream lifted following the pogrom against the specific area associated with my "tribe" (as the dream changed to one with me on the run), informing me that the time associated with this dream is the threshold of time joining European prehistory (i.e., politically obliterated history) and history.

I woke up.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.