Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Time Warp, Lech Lecha

I dreamt.

I was among many in a "community house". We were preparing for some journey to a "new place", up and across a mystical field. It was a clean place we were going to go to. A safe place.

The place we were leaving was on the verge of dying. For us. Nothing looked out of the ordinary in the moment, but it seemed surreal somehow. The feeling of the place from which we were leaving reminds me now of the movie "The Langoliers", where "the world is deadened and lifeless and of a past moment in the timestream, and that moment's time is running out."

For some reason, we were cleaning up the house before we left it for the inhabitants who would possess it after we left. Some of us did the dishes. We could take a small travel sack, but for the most part, we were to leave with just the clothes on our backs. Everything we had in this world was basically useless to us where we were going. And contaminated.

I opened my closet to take out a few of my skirts. I had alot of pretty skirts I wanted to take. But, the community leader told me I could only take what would fit into my sack and couldn't take anything that had not been in the closet (protected from the "dyingness" which I could sense was only "away" from us by a matter of warped dis-aligned moments). The time warp shielded us from the deadness which really was part of the place we were leaving. And, while our bodies and the clothes we were wearing were protected, our "extra stuff" somehow which was "made of" the material of the place we were leaving was not. For that reason, only the clothes were we wearing and the clothes in the closet were "clean". For us.

For those who would come to inhabit the house after us, it wasn't a problem. It was only a problem for us. We had to go.

I put a skirt or two into my sack and prepared for my turn to be taken to the new clean, safe place. We were taken out of the old place and relocated into the new place in very small guided groups.

I woke up.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.