Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Sixth Sense, Sensing Intent

Jack at Random Thoughts writes:


Psychology teaches that sometimes the best way to overcome your fear is to confront it. But what do you do when you are unable to put a face on it. How do you deal with it when you cannot put a name to it, when you fail to identify it. Think about how much more frightening the strange bump or scream in the night is than the same sound during the day.


This has actually happened to me twice in my life, once around 1982-ish and once in 1984. The first time, my ex-husband and I were out night fishing and we both sensed it simultaneously - like some evil presence watching us as we fished in the lake. Wordlessly we gathered the fishing gear together and threw it into our old VW van and high-tailed it outta there. It was so eerie and malevolent.

The second time I was alone with my kids at night and it felt like some malevolent presence was watching the house (we lived in a wooded area). I couldn't ignore it, packed up the kids, got into the car and just drove until I felt it was safe to go back.

Two times, the nameless fear Jack describes happened to me. Just those 2 times. I never knew what/who was watching us, but something malevolent was.

The "sixth sense" is a real phenomenon and ability some people have. Sometimes it may be best to run, particularly if something real, even if yet unidentified, may be out to harm you, and you have no weapons of defense.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.