Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Silencing The Silencers

This is My Name forever, and this is My Remembrance, from generation to generation ... Shemot 3:15

I dreamt.

I was staying at my ex-mother-in-law's mansion-like house because I was homeless and my kids were staying there so that they could go to school and I could go to work. My ex-mother-in-law hated me and wanted to throw me out. I could hear she and her husband arguing about it in some other room. He wouldn't let her throw me out, for some reason. It wasn't the right thing to do. She hated me nevertheless.

As I slept the night before the first day of school (for my kids) and the first day of work (for me), demons of the house were sent to "silence me", forever. I could sense their approach. My tongue and muscles grew heavy like great stone as they approached. They were there to murder me, to silence me forever. I knew it.

I threw off the heaviness of my tongue and muscles, reaching my arm out into space, outspreading my fingers wide against them, and spoke with a silence only they could hear, "I belong to the Master of the Universe, touch me and it will be the last thing you do." They all vanished. I got up out of bed and talked to my daughter as she went off to school.

I woke up.

You have 3 names: the name your parents bestow on you, the name by which others call you, and the name you earn for yourself through your conduct. Kohelet Rabbah 7:3

תני ג' שמות נקראו לאדם הזה אחד שקראו לו אביו ואמו ואחד שקראו לו אחרים ואחד שקראו לו בספר תולדות ברייתו

On My Hebrew Names

Elixir Of Redemption

technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.