Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ana Bekoach, From The Core

Today's Thought From The Chabad Website. From the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe; rendered by Tzvi Freeman.

It has to come from the core, but we are not masters over that place.

We can barely master our wardrobe--our conscious thought, our words to others, what our hands and feet are doing. Never mind the hidden things within.

But we can do this: We can wash our clothes and bathe our skin in pure waters. We can focus our thoughts, guide our words and clean up our act. Once scrubbed enough that light can pass through, we await the moment when the core awakens.

This is what Moses told his people on their last day together:"The hidden things belong to G-d. But the obvious is for us and our children forever, to do what needs to be done."


I dreamt. I picked my son up from high school. I drove home upon a country road lined with trees and dense foliage. My son was in the backseat. I was driving. A friend was in the passenger seat. On the way home, we were stopped by a train. The car I was driving was at the head of a long line of cars stopped by the train. The train went from merely changing direction on the tracks to making a very "steep" and clear U-turn on the tracks.

I kept my eyes on the train ... something wasn't right about the way it was turning so steeply. The train started to "lurch out" by centrifugal force because it was going too fast making the U-turn. It was going to derail!

I threw my car into reverse and started to back up fast to avoid the derailing train that was coming straight toward me. But, there were cars behind me, so I could only go so far backwards. I had to stop after backing up only a short way. And prayed that somehow the train wouldn't hit us.

It didn't. The derailing train cars passed right overtop the car I was driving and had landed on the cars behind us. All the derailing train cars missed completely the car my son, my friend and I were in. I was so thankful for our safety, and that we had been completely spared.

Then, I heard the news. The little girl-baby in the car that had been behind us had been killed. Her neck had been stretched and broken by the impact of one of the train cars. It had stretched her out from the backseat where she had been sitting, thrown her through the front window and smashed her neck upon the hood of her parents' car. It was awful. The parents were beside themselves with horror.

I also heard the news - 26 people from the line of cars behind me which had trapped me next to the train had been killed.

I woke up and remembered what someone had written about my slideshow - that it was 36 seconds long. I went to check it out. It is actually 42 seconds long. I didn't make it 42 seconds long on purpose. It just came out that way.

And no, just for the record, I don't wear a red string on my wrist.

42 And The Name Elokah
Ana Bekoach & The First Letter Of Each Word

technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.